Saturday, April 28, 2007

How To Roast a Peep



It started out as an ordinary wiener roast. Thing is, with this crew, there is no such thing as ordinary. There's not an ordinary ounce of flesh among us. But hey, it was fun! Uncle Funandone and the kids jumped on the trampoline.


Then we started the hotdogs. The fire had been going for a while. JMatt had been duly warned by Uncle Kearsdad to stay away from the fire. DO NOT play in the fire. There was something about that statement that just was not clear. I am not sure which part wasn't clear. But something definitely wasn't clear. See, JMatt stayed uncomfortably close to the fire the whole time.

The hotdogs were good, unless you drag yours through the ashes and have to go wash it off with the water hose. Kat had trouble with that part.

We learned that Lou Lou and Banana can have a conversation without talking to each other. They demonstrated this fine art for us. Here they are talking to each other without talking. We do not know what they said. But they can apparently understand each other even when no one else can.


JMatt also invented a new Olympic Sport. It's call the Marshmallow Toss. He invented it while trying to talk with his hands and hold his marshmallow roasting implement at the same time. The marshmallow flew off, landing securely in the petunia tree. Here is the marshmallow lodged in the petunia tree.

We never actually knew we had a petunia tree. But Lou Lou told us it was a petunia tree, so I guess that is what it is. We don't know how long the marshmallow will stay in the petunia tree, but it's pretty high up and securely lodged.

Here are Aunt Junebug and Kat just because they are so cute.


Then came the real fun-no all of it was real fun-but then we started the peep roasting. I think Junebug felt a little sorry for the peep. Roasting, however, is the only thing Kearsdad likes to do with peeps.

16 comments:

Junebug said...

Yummy hot dogs. Cute trampoline pictures. Very hot fire. I love bunnies. Why is JMatt wearing only socks? Funny kids. Interesting Pea conversation. Tricky new sport. Why does Junebug have so many wrinkles on her forehead? Pretty picture of Kat. Clever peep slide show.

Yes, I'd say a fun time was had by all. You just forgot to mention the piano bar and the dancing.

BB said...

I am so sad about the roasting peeps that i may never be able to visit your blog again! what a terrible thing to do with them!

besides, it's been a long time since easter...how come there are any left?????and please do not say you were saving them to roast!!!

Kearsmom said...

Well see, bb, I bought alotta peeps at Easter. Then Grandmama brought more. But truth is, usually we do save some especially for roasting.

Kearsmom said...

But please come back again bb. I would miss you terribly if you never came again!

Anonymous said...

I don't like peeps...so I am fine with seeing them burn. I guess Tyler takes his love of fire from his cousin. He ALWAYS spends too much time TOO CLOSE to the fire (and throwing too many random things in!)

Carie said...

Hey! This is the first time that I have visited your blog because I thought it was private! Great pics, I am with Jitterbug, I love marshmellow but I do not like Peeps!

Kearsmom said...

Hey CM!!!!!! Welcome to my blog! I tole Junebug it wasn't private. What shall we do with her? Anyway, glad you are here!

Junebug said...

Man. Give a girl a break!! I THOUGHT it was private. In fact, it started out being private, right??

I'll go back and fix my description of you. Hmmmmm. What shall I say about you??!!

Anonymous said...

So Fun!!! I would like to roast peeps They are not my favorite either. I want to jump for exercise but no one can watch. :)

Beej said...

She has not fixed the description of your private blog on her blog....just sayin'.

Also, I'm thinking I'll roast me some peeps pretty soon. That looks like fun.

Kearsmom said...

Yeah, beej, I know she hasn't. But since she has so much to do right now, I'm gonna cut her some slack. 'Specially since most of it involves me or my kids or both. Don't wanna agitate her, ya know?

Oh, and welcome to my blog.

Junebug said...

Um, yes I did fix the description. So both of yall just sheht up!!

Junebug said...

And what would be wrong with agitating me??? I might do something mean? Or bad? Or out of the ordinary?

Please. Surely you don't think I am easily agitated.

Seriously.

Junebug said...

And the whole LaceyJ thing out there is bugging me. Who on Earth is that??!!

Kearsmom said...

Don't know about LaceyJ. That's why I asked. And as far as agitating you...I just don't want to find you in the corner swatting flies. I could've dealt with the description for a while for the sake of my kids' summer, ya know?

Kearsmom said...

Also, I am really surprised that no one commented on the piano bar and dancing.