Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Holiness

I was challenged tonight to think about my life, and whether it reflects God's holiness. Wow. What a thought. He has called us to be a kingdom of priests, His representatives in a world of depravity, His ambassadors to a world that is lost and dying. Do I reflect Him, or do I look just like them? What about the lady behind the counter at WalMart, or the lady at the drive-thru at Sonic? Do they see God's holiness when they see me? Or do they see another frazzled, worn out, irritated person? Makes me think. And, maybe even more important, what about my family? Do I reflect God's holiness to them? I'm afraid that very often I do not. That makes me sad. I am glad for the challenge. Maybe it will be the encouragement I need to step it up. I want to reflect the God of creation, the God of grace, and the God of salvation. Not just to the "world", but to my husband and children, to my parents, and to my friends. I want to become smaller, so that He can become bigger. I want Him to be my beginning, my end, and all my existence. To God be the Glory, forever and ever and ever!

5 comments:

The Mom said...

wow! what a challenge! you know God has been teaching me a lot about this lately. beginning to work with apartment life has really made me stop and think about how i am living life and how i come across to others.

Junebug said...

I am sure there are days when we all do a poor job of reflecting our Father & His holiness...I know those days are numerous in my own life. I see good stuff in you. God has encouraged me through you many times and I see the light of His love shine through you on a regular basis. I know we all need to be striving daily to be more like Him, but just so you know...relatively speaking, you're not so far off! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with junebug, I fall short way too often but you allow God's love and holiness come through often. I really see it in your girls I have bragged on K recently how gracious and kind she is. And how A is a friend to all she meets. Even girls who kick her:) That does not just happen it has to be modeled at home. Keep it up you are doing better than you think.

Kearsmom said...

Well now you two have made me cry! I love you both. Thanks for encouraging me and for keeping me accountable!

BB said...

I need this lesson every day...would you resend each morning for me to have a reminder of what's really important for the day???!!
thanks for sharing....