Friday, April 13, 2007

Play Ball!!!


What sweet words! Life is good again! The long winter drought is over. It's baseball season! If I am lucky, I can watch baseball for the next six months...all the way to October! And until August, I can go watch the Mississippi Braves play as often as I like. Well, okay, maybe not THAT often, but as often as we can get tickets!

Last night we went to our first game of the season! We missed the actual FIRST night because we had FAITH at church. The last two years, we've gone to the opening home game, but this year we had to settle for the third night. The game itself was not so spectacular. Even though our MBraves are in 2nd place so far, they weren't too hot last night...some good hits, but they never could turn them into runs. And, true to form, it was a bit chilly. April games always are. But that is okay! It's baseball season and we were at a game! People who don't understand baseball don't get that. It's just being there. It's the sights and smells and sounds of baseball. A win makes it that much more wonderful...but we have wins to come.

Banana was not happy because we forgot her hat and her glove. She usually comes armed with both, but we had to pick her up at dance to go straight to the game, and dad didn't think to grab her stuff. Kat didn't like that she didn't have a new Braves shirt to wear...we'll have to take care of that soon. Usually, the girls are decked out for the game.



Here is Banana eating her chili cheese fries. This is in the third inning. She ate a hamburger in the first inning. And a funnel cake in the sixth! Kat and I had cheese nachos, and Kat also had a funnel cake. But we all thought it was so funny that Banana just kept eating.



Go Braves!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

B's Blog said...

Are there any upcoming games? I think at least one of my boys would love to come to a game. Could we tag along with you?

The Mom said...

i am hoping we get to go to a rangers game this year! i love baseball.

tell banana she can eat all she wants to! i will not laugh at her :-) of course, i will also not stay with her if she gets sick either! so, maybe there should be a stopping point on the eating.

Junebug said...

shehtup!!

Also, I luhve baseball. And I luhve the Braves. I've luhved them ever since 6th grade when Grandaddy Welch took me to Atlanta to see the royal blue Braves for the first time. We saw Chief Nockahoma and did the wave and I was hooked.

I also luhve going to see the MBraves with YALL and yall went without me. And I am sad about that.

Kearsmom said...

B-There are LOTS of games...all the way through August! I think we will go as a church in May. But you are welcome anytime!

And Junebug...We have 4 1/2 months left. But you were at a meeting. You didn't even respond to my text message. We will go...soon. We have to see how much Lou Lou and Banana can eat TOGETHER!

southernutahgirl said...

yeah Braves! yeah kearsfamily! yeah ball park food! yeah all the stuff you just said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!