Monday, March 3, 2008

Cinderella

Cinderella, the Spring Performance 2008, is over. It was a lot of work. Many late nights last week. But it was wonderful. Beautiful dancing. Banana had a blast.

I was especially proud of how Banana handled herself. We have spent a lot of time in our house talking with her, praying with her and for her, about how she can be a witness for Jesus and praise God in her dancing. I know that she doesn't completely "get it" yet...how that is supposed to work in her life. But this weekend, I saw clear evidence that those prayers are being answered in her life. I saw a composed, mature, well mannered, responsible young lady in my girl. I was so proud and so happy to see her beginning to "get it". I'm proud of the beautiful dancer that she is, but I am more proud of the beautiful heart for Jesus she displays.

She was one of the "numbers on the clock". They appeared in the garden in the first act, when the fairy godmother transformed Cinderella. They appeared again in the second act when the clock struck midnight at the ball, and they chased Cinderella away.

Something really cool...the guest dancers, Cinderella and the Prince, are world class, award winning dancers. These were big time dancers my little girl was on stage with!

Getting ready...


Me and my girl...


Banana and her dragonfly buddy (aka number VII on the clock)...


In the Garden with the fairy godmother...


In the ballroom chasing Cinderella away as midnight approaches, with the prince looking on...
That's Banana in the back...the tall one :)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

The perfomance was great and tell your daughter she did a wonderful job. I picked her right out with those long legs!!!

It was great to meet you. Hopefully, I will be seeing more of you at MMDA! I am planning to pick up more classes next year! ;)

Kearsmom said...

Thanks Andrea! It was good to meet you too! And thanks for the shout out to my girl. I agree, I think she did a lovely job!

Debbie B said...

I love the photos!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Blessings,
Debbie

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

Great pics! Pretties number VI I've ever seen!

Grits

Christy said...

I hate me and Laura Grace missed it!

She looks beautiful as a clock number ;)

Junebug said...

Yep, she did great!!! So glad we got to see her dance.