Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wisdom and Peace

God taught me something this morning that I want to share. I don't usually post things of such a personal and serious nature. But I feel compelled to share this...maybe for the sake of accountability.

For a long time now I have struggled with an issue in which I have very little control. Several years ago, when the situation reached a critical point, I reached out and begged God for His wisdom. At that time, He showed me very clearly that His wisdom is right there for the taking. I don't have to go looking for it...it is already seeking me out.


Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares;
at the head of the noisy streets she cries out,
in the gateways of the city she makes her speech.
Proverbs 1:20-21

So again, the last few days, I have found myself reaching out for that wisdom. How would God have me act in this situation. What, if anything, would he have me do? Pray, obviously. Anything else? Again, His Word was faithful. Here is what He taught me today. This time it is in James...again it is about wisdom. Isn't God good? He is always consistent.

But the wisom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

James 3:17-18

God would always have me act with Godly wisom. And in this particular situation, I am called to be a peace-maker. That is my role. It is my duty. Whether I like it or not. That doesn't mean that I allow or endure things that might be harmful or wrong, but that I deal with them when I must. And I deal with them in a loving and peaceful way. And when I do this, God promises that mine will be a harvest of righteousness. What a promise!
So, here's the deal. First, I have decided I will commit these verses to memory. God has much more to teach me about these words. So I will ponder them over the next few days. I plan to put these verses over in the side column, and each day or so I will consider a different part of them. What is Godly wisdom? First it is pure...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the new format! Someone's been busy today!:)

Andrea said...

Funny you posted that as I was just praying today about wisdom. I have been feeling convicted about making quick decisions without taking the time to set them before the Lord and make sure that it is truly his will. Thank you for the encouragement! :)

southernutahgirl said...

These are good verse for all of us. I am prayuing alongside you my friend with your role as peacemaker. thanks for sharing