Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where oh Where is the Laundry Fairy?

Won't she please come to my house?? Laundry is piled in all corners, in every room. My children insist on wearing clothes every day, sometimes more than one set, and getting them all dirty. Kearsdad says he thinks they get stuff on their clothes just so that they can put them in the dirty clothes basket instead of having to hang them back up. He really doesn't have room to talk though. He manages to get something-grease, dirt, sauce, oil, foreign substances galore-on just about everything he wears. And so, I have this mound, no these mounds, of laundry in various stages of readiness. There are the dirty piles, the clean piles waiting to be folded, and clean piles waiting to be ironed. The dirty piles and the needing to be ironed piles are the most intimidating.

I am seriously thinking about just tossing all the dirty piles and starting over. Just go shopping and by all new clean clothes. Somehow, I don't think Kearsdad will let me do that. And something tells me that people would just get the new clean clothes dirty, and then I'd be right back where I started.

8 comments:

Junebug said...

I cannot tell you how many times I've run to Walmart late at night to buy socks or underwear or whatever cause I didn't have the time (or maybe I just didn't have the heart) to get the clothes washed.

Of course, THAT is the reason I can go something like 2 months without washing and then have the loads piled to the ceiling.

But now that I am on my new system, that no longer occurs. I am getting my act together, so to speak.

Kearsmom said...

Well, there is NO way Kearsdad will let me get away with the WalMart method. And I hate WalMart anyway.

So, I guess I will have to stick to the old fashioned Get-up-off-my-duff-and-stop-playing-on-the-computer method!

Anonymous said...

There is really so much I could say here. However, I am a very wise man and know better. However, I will defend myself as far getting stuff on me. None of it is done on purpose and I normally get at least two wears out of everything before it goes to the wash. Also, the throw away and by new method is DENIED! I keep telling you to make the children do it. That's what we have them for right?

Junebug said...

What do you mean you hate Walmart??

Kearsmom said...

Walmart gives me a headache. There is entirely too much stimulation in one place. Also, there are STRANGE people at Walmart, and once they enter the parking lot, they forget how to drive.

I like Target. Much quieter. Much less stimulation. Much more orderly.

Junebug said...

Yeah, that's only cause you live on the other side of town. OUR Target ain't quite the same as yours. I'd shop your Target, too, if it wasn't so danged far away.

Also, we need to get together.

Anonymous said...

Well I think your both wrong. I love walmart and target and kroger especially the ones WAYYYYYYY OVER HERE!!!! Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they live way over there instead of us livng way over here????? I'm just sayin' And The get off my duff thing has worked for me with laundry and other things for years. It is totally no fun but work hard play hard is my motto.

~T said...

Well, I'd jump on the "throw the clothes away and start over" bandwagon too, but then I'd have to furnish 9 people with clothing.

Darn! lol