Saturday, September 22, 2007

Poor Sammy Boy

It has been quite a while since I posted a Sammy update. But this weekend was a significant benchmark for our giant baby. He visited the vet this weekend...had his surgery...got fixed...you know....yeah. As we've been jokingly calling it...he got tutored this weekend. Poor little guy. (Note: I am using the term little quite liberally. Sammy is around 50 pounds and stands about 2 feet high at the shoulder.) Kearsdad took him to the vet yesterday morning. He went and picked him up this morning. Kearsdad is not usually overly sympathetic, especially with our animals. But he must have felt a bonding with Sammy over this experience, because he has babied him all day. Sammy was free to wander in and out of his "room" (the laundry room) and through the kitchen and greatroom most of the day. The first half of the day, he was kind of pitiful, but he is beginning to perk up a bit.

In all his wandering, he has managed to leave black hair everywhere. If this shedding continues (and I am afraid it will) I may be forced to limit Sammy to his room when he is inside. Unless Kearsdad over-rules me. I think he is enjoying having another "guy" around the house.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to an inside dog world. I think that is why GB won't let me have adog right now. He is enjoying having a hair free house.

Kearsmom said...

What do you mean? I HAVE an inside dog...have for 14 years! But she doesn't shed like that. She leaves clumps, but she doesn't cover everything.

But Sammy's inside days are few and far between!

Junebug said...

I am on Kearsdad's side on this one. Let him stay inside!!

Kearsmom said...

No worries, JB, he's inside.

Anonymous said...

Sammy spent a good bit of time inside even before his surgery. However most of that time he was in the Laundry room with just his kennel door blocking the exit. The only thing I did on Saturday was not block the door. He still spent most of his time laying on the tile in the laundry room. However, this was very upsetting to Abbie who kept looking around the corner of the kitchen at him and barking as if to tell me that "Ah he can get out!". She was very disturbed.

Kearsmom said...

AbbY is very disturbed, anyway.

And she has been our dog for 14 years, can't you spell her name?

Anonymous said...

No, I guess I can't spell her name. Doesn't really matter I normally call her Moron anyway.

Junebug said...

Ahahahaha. That was funny.

That whole can't spell her name thing, I mean.

Junebug said...

Seriously. That was funny!

Junebug said...

Why isn't anyone else laughing??

Kearsmom said...

I'm laughing Junebug.