Sunday, July 1, 2007

What a Week!

Kat and Banana and I are home! We just spent a week at Mission First on the Jr. High Mission Trip. Kearsdad joined us as often as possible. It was a great week, we got a lot accomplished, had a lot of fun, and lost a lot of sleep. But we are glad to be home. Kat and Banana did everything the teenagers did...sanded, painted, and planted. All the work was mixed in with a lot of playtime...dodgeball, murder (yes, it's a game), and invisible football, all student ministry classics.

Good times with old friends...welcome home Teddy!

Painting the ceiling!

The whole crew! You Rock!!

Almost done!

Smile Kat! It's almost done!

Making it beautiful.

Girls Rock! (and T-Weir too!)

Gamemaster, I must confess...

7 comments:

The Mom said...

looks like you guys had a great time!

the girls are going to be pros at the mission trip thing once they are in jr high and highschool (which isn't too much longer i am sad to say).

Junebug said...

I have no idea why I missed this...

Anyway, looks like yall had a good week. I love staying at Mission First. In fact, we will be there in a few weeks. Kat will be going again, I am assuming.

Junebug said...

Also, Manders...I like the new picture.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

ok.ok.ok.

here's the comment.

i didn't know that the mission trip was to mission first! my boss' son-in-law runs it (lee thigpen). i've done dental stuff down there some - now we have some of their patients come to the office.

anyway......NOW YOU CAN BE HAPPY WITH ME!

The Mom said...

thanks junebug! i am not sure how much i like it yet. it may change soon....

Kearsmom said...

Yes Junebug...Kat will be going. I though I had turned in her form, but I guess I will do it again. She is very excited. When you go, take note of the storage room in the gym...that's what they were priming.

Also, Suz...I talked to Lee a whole buncha times this past year setting this thing up. He is very nice. As Eric (Kevin T's brother) who is the "on site director" (don't know his real title).

We had a very good week.

Anonymous said...

looks like yo had an awesome week. Good for them. Way to Go girls