Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Momentary Insanity

That's what it must be. It is the only reasonable explanation for what I have done.

Last week LouLou was supposed to come over and play with Banana, but I had to cancel because we had something else come up. So we rescheduled for today. Then, I decided to be really brave and invited JMatt along too. Junebug and I and all these children met for lunch at McAllisters where Junebug and I attempted to enjoy our sweet tea and a little conversation over the very loud children at the table. Then I loaded up my car with said children and came home. Junebug left in her red hot chili pepper car all alone. She had no sympathy for me. She said I did it to myself.

So here I am, listening to something just shy of chaos. I think they are playing a game. I also think they must all have hearing problems because they insist on shouting at each other even though they are only inches away from each other. And the girls all giggle hysterically at every little thing. JMatt just looks at them like they're nuts, even though I am certain that he had some part in the cause for the laughter.

No matter what Junebug says, I think she owes me. I'll have to think of something she can do to pay me back...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have lapse in judgement from time to time. As long as the kids benefit from it all. Glad it is you:)

The Mom said...

do you think next time you take all those precious kids, you could maybe come get mine too? :-) i heard after 3 it doesn't matter how many you have...so 4 or 6 would make no difference. :-)

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

i'm taking up for junebug on this one - you opened yourself up for it! why didn't you call and throw a moody 2-year old in on the deal? mary peyton would have surely livened things up!

Junebug said...

Yep. Did it to yourself. Your choice.

Anonymous said...

It may have been a lapse in judgement, however, they will all grow up all too soon and they will be in their 20's and 30's and you will wish yuo could have them in the living room floor all over again giggling and carrying on! I mis those times!
Teach 4 Ever

BB said...

that's not insanity...that is REAL fun!

Kearsmom said...

Well, to tell the truth, it really was fun. They were actually very good, and it makes me happy to see them all so happy together! But they are still very silly...extremely silly...