Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Happy Mother's Day

My mother's day gift from Kearsdad was to strip the wallpaper off the kitchen walls and paint. Now, I LOVE this kind of stuff! I get really excited over a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot, so don't go thinking I got ripped off. I get giddy pulling the lid off a new can of paint. So we spent Saturday afternoon stripping wallpaper. Kat and Banana had fun with that part! This is an idea of what my kitchen looked like "before". See the wallpaper in the background?


I really liked the plaid wallpaper when we put it up. And I have enjoyed it for years. But it's time had passed. It was time to move on... Here is my kitchen in progress...wallpaper almost gone...bare walls exposed. It was so sad and boring looking...
And here is my new yellow kitchen! Isn't it happy looking? It is so bright and cheerful and fresh! I am very happy with my Mother's Day present. I think for Father's Day we should do the greatroom and hall. I don't think Kearsdad agrees with me. I will have to work on him. But for now, I am very happy with his gift to me.



6 comments:

BB said...

my grandma always had a yellow kitchen (and so did my mom, till now) because she said, "yellow is God's favorite color." she loved her kitchen and i never forgot what she said.

so, i don't know if that's good - that you have a kitchen that could make you think about God, or bad-that you remind me of my grandma!!

take your pick, i guess!

Kearsmom said...

I'll take good, bb, and think about God in my bright, sunny, happy kitchen. I think God likes yellow too!

Carie said...

I am actually quite lucky in that my Hubby likes to paint and he is very good at it. I love to go pick out stuff at Lowe's too! We have painted the entire first floor of our house and our project this year is to get the second floor finished! We have made a great start so far we have finished the girls room and the hallway and the masterbedroom is next! LOVE the yellow in your kitchen!

Junebug said...

I love the yellow. Looks good!

Also, obviously, I'm back online!!

The Mom said...

i can not wait until the prof and i have a house we can paint. i too love home depot and lowes. the smell is wonderful!

love the kitchen!!! it looks great!! maybe i can come see it in person soon.

Anonymous said...

It looks great I love it!!!! one day i will get to do that at my house. 3 cheers for kearsdad for helping make this mothers day special.