Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Have Officially Joined the Club




The American Idol Club. For years, I have listened to everyone else (and I mean EVERYONE) talk about Idol. And for years, I have been left out of the conversation. To be honest, I thought it was just another groupie show. But my interest and curiosity finally got the best of me. I promised Junebug that I would at least watch ONE episode this year. Just to see what everyone was talking about. I would at least try it. Well, we watched one, then another, and we (well, Kat and Banana and I) were hooked! (Kearsdad kind of got bored with it. He watched it with us but didn't get nearly as excited about it.)

So tonight, I am an official American Idol Junkie! I sat on the edge of my seat, clapping (yes clapping...like I was there...like they could hear me) for stars old and new. I sat on the floor in front of the tv with my hands clenched waiting for Ryan to open the stupid envelope. I jumped up screaming with the girls, and I almost cried! Isn't that pathetic?? I also sent the fastest text message EVAH to Junebug who is in the car somewhere between Tallahassee and Orlando.

It was really good! I think I'll watch again next year. Yes, I think I will.

6 comments:

BB said...

oh man! i can't believe i opened this! i did not get to see idol yet and was waiting till i could see it for myself! oh well i am glad you and the girls joined the club!

i love you!

Kearsmom said...

I'm sorry bb!!!!! I took the picture off for now. I will put it back tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

well welcome to the club!! Now you need to join our other clubs like survivor,dancing with the stars and amazing race. We love kearsmom!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Idol is over. It was starting to interfere with watching the Braves. I am pretty sure we need to avoid any new shows that run from April to October. There is only 1 reality TV show to watch during those months.

Anonymous said...

I knew you would say that. Enjoy the ball games and keep us posted when we miss one.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I have figured out how to respond and not be a blog stalker! I love keeping up with your family. I have not succombed to the Idol club, but I am so into "Dancing with the Stars!" My boys just shake their head and leave the room!
love, Teach 4 ever