Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmastime

It's been a nice December. We are done with school until after the New Year! We have completed Rejoice-our church Christmas concert/worship service. The music was beautiful. It really was worshipful. This coming weekend is Christmas Dream, and Banana is dancing. The differences between Nutcracker and Christmas Dream are too numerous to count. The music is the same. The story is different. Christmas Dream is completely focused on Christ. As is everything else. Rehearsals are wonderful. Our schedule for the week is wonderful. No rehearsal ends later than 5:30! No rehearsal is longer than 3 hours. I don't know what to do with myself! We can actually enjoy this!

Our low key December has allowed me to get the house completely decorated in a timely fashion and have time to really enjoy it. Thought I'd share a few pictures.









To top it all off, we have even had time for a Christmas party! The girls wanted to have a party, so I let them invite 2 friends each. We had cookies and snacks...and coffee and flavored creamers! That was a hit. I used my Christmas china and let the girls have a real party. They enjoyed eating and talking and then they played Christmas carol pictionary. That was a hoot! Here they are in front of the playroom tree...

3 comments:

Kristy said...

love your christmas decorations!!! we're having a dinner party at our house after the holidays!

Josie said...

just lovely! And I like your new blog decor as well

Andrea said...

Great pics. Sounds like a wonderful December. Tell Anna that I hope she has a fabulous time in the Dream. I know she will do great. I don't think I will be able to make it out this year, but know that I am thinking of you guys! We had our Christmas party last night for our intermediate class and we missed her!!! :)