Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Not-So-Motherly Confession...

Kat has her last horse show of the season on Saturday. Have you looked at the weather forecast for Saturday? It is supposed to be COLD. The last thing in the world I want to do is get up at dark-thirty in the morning and dress in layers and drive for an hour and stand in the dirt with a bunch of horses for three hours in the COLD. I....don't....want....to.

Not to mention, we have a bazillion other things to do. We will be missing a "mandatory" choir rehearsal. Music guy is probably going to be pretty peeved with us. And Banana has dance on Saturday. All day of course. She is now dancing something like 29 hours on Saturdays from now until Nutcrapper...I mean Nutcracker. Ooops, did I say that? Yeah, I did.

This is one of those times when I just really don't want to do the motherly thing. I want to be one of those moms who sends her kid off with a wave and a smile and a "Have fun!" while I go off and do my own grand thing without a care in the world. Trouble is....I really DON'T want to do that. I really don't want to be one of those moms. I could have made that choice thousands of times over the last 13 years. I never have. And I won't this time. I'll go. I'll be freezing cold. I'll be a little stressed over all the other stuff I should be doing. But I'll be there, taking pictures like crazy and cheering her on. And I'll love it....well, most of it.

But for now....I think I'll whine a little more. Thanks for listening.

for the record....I used the word bazillion in this post and the little spell checker thing didn't even notice. It tells me that didn't and ooops are not words, but it accepts bazillion. I just thought that was interesting.

also, in case you didn't notice...I used a lot of hyperbole in this post. I mean tons and tons.

4 comments:

Junebug said...

bazillion is a GREAT word. that's why it was allowed. also, sorry about the cold thing. i do NOT envy you that early morning in the cold. no ma'am. but you'll be happy you did it. at least i think you will be...

Kearsmom said...

Yeah, Junebug. I probably will. Of course, it's easy for you to say...you'll be home snug and warm under your blankets in your bed upstairs.

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

*snickering at Nutcrapper*

Josie said...

I am snickering at the whole thing - the bazillion, the nutcrapper, your hate of the "cold" in your deep south, your commenting on your own use of hyperbole - like the English/journalism geek that you have always been. You are an excellent mother and I think you rock - esp because you address and admit your feelings. VERY HEALTHY!!!