Sunday, November 16, 2008

Confession, Part 2

Well, I didn't go to the horse show. But not because it was cold (although that was taken into consideration). I was up most of Thursday night not feeling so well. Friday I kind of dragged around all day, and by Friday night I was pretty much wiped out. So Kearsdad generously told me he would take horse show duty. I did, however go to choir practice. At least I didn't have to be there until 9. I still had to stand around for 3 hours, but it was inside, on stage, singing, instead of outside holding horses.

I also didn't completely get out of "horse holding duty". I spent the afternoon out at the B's farm alternately holding onto a big horse and helping hold up a bridal gown. JB is getting married in just a few weeks. Yesterday she had her bridal photos made at home, some of them with her "baby", her show horse Tootie. It was interesting, to say the least. Tootie wasn't exactly excited to have her photo made. She didn't like her "bridal wear"-a new show saddle and bit and bridle. Didn't like them at all. She didn't like the fact that J looked "funny" all dressed up in that big white fluffy thing and white whispy thing that kept blowing around her face. She didn't like all the people standing around her, especially the strange one with the weird contraption that kept flashing. She didn't want to point her ears forward or hold her head up. However, in spite of all that, J ended up with what are going to be some of the most unusual and beautiful bridal photos ever. I have a couple of samples on my phone, but I can't post them. J's fiance, (also J) might cheat and look. Can't have that! So you will just have to wait till the wedding.

3 comments:

Debbie B said...

The photos do sound very unique!

Blessings,
Debbie

southernutahgirl said...

we had quite an afternoon. but they will be some great pictures.J was a trooper! a frozen trooper!

Anonymous said...

and without you, the photos could have never happened. i can't wait to see the proofs!!! love you . . .