Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Year Blahs!

I have to say it. I will be so glad when tomorrow (Election Day) is over. I am so tired of it. I am a political junkie, and usually I am all hyped up about the elections. Usually I have bumper stickers and buttons and signs. Usually I care. This year, I have to confess, I just want it to be over.

I fully recognize what is at stake tomorrow. I completely understand the seriousness. The problem is that while I am adamantly opposed to one of tickets, I am just not very hyped over the other. I like Sarah Palin, and I really think she would do a pretty good job. But seriously, how much influence does a vice president really have? Seriously? Has anyone even seen Dick Cheney in the last six months?? And as for McCain...I am just not overly excited. I'm really disappointed in this year's choices. And I'm just tired of it.

Don't get me wrong. I will definitely be voting tomorrow. No matter what. I believe that I have an obligation. Too many men and women have fought and died for that right for me to shirk my duty. And I will vote for what I believe in. Maybe a little of it will be a vote against what I don't believe in. But I still can't shake the feeling that I am just voting for the lesser of two evils.

One thing I know. God is sovereign. I am blessed to know that no matter who is running this country, He is running the universe. My future belongs to him, and no one can change that.

7 comments:

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

I'm tired of it too. I've been telling myself all day that God will put into office who He wants.

Anonymous said...

i agree with you. i am ready for it to be over as well. God's not going to be surprised by the outcome anyway. :)

Junebug said...

the Bible says God chooses who rules. so I will not worry. i just figure I'm gonna spend too much time waiting in that line and the other guy is gonna win anyway.

Andrea said...

Totally understand although I don't feel McCain is lesser of two evils. I don't think he is the greatest thing on earth mind you, but he is definitely ProLife and will ( I believe) keep our country safer. I'm with you though...can't wait for it to be over...one way or another!! :)

Kearsmom said...

Yeah, Andrea...maybe not lesser of the evils...but just not my first choice. But I am definitely hoping and praying for a McCain win tonight.

Debbie B said...

I don't think he's the lesser of two evils - but he wasn't my choice during the primaries.

I believe that God is in control - no matter what the outcome is today. Of course, I voted. I feel privileged that we live in a free country that allows her citizens to vote.

I also believe that there are times when God has to get his people's attention. This may be one of those times. Read Chronicles! There were many evil kings in power.

Part of me wants to scream and kick but there is also the part that tells me to trust God and his sovereignty.

I do understand. I love politics, too. But, I sure haven't loved this election year! grrrrr.

southernutahgirl said...

well you know I am ready for it all to be over and as I told junebug I am choosing to reside in the happy joyful, happy places.