Monday, June 23, 2008

Time to Make the Donuts!

I've got a lot of catching up to do here. The last few weeks have been jam packed with stuff. Even when I've had a few free minutes...like I have the last couple of days...I've been too brain dead or just plain tired to get on here and think.

But even Kearsdad said something to me tonight about my lack of blogging. In particular, he was concerned that I had not yet blogged about his recent kitchen escapades. He treated us a couple of weeks ago to a specialty of his mom's...homemade "donuts". Actually, they are canned biscuits, stretched and shaped like donuts and fried. Then as soon as they come out of the oil, they get dunked in a sugar glaze. They are YUMMY! Basically, just another version of that southern specialty, fried bread!

Here is a picture of Kearsdad in the kitchen, and one of the yummy donuts.

6 comments:

Junebug said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GREW UP MAKING THOSE EXACT SAME DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously

Mel said...

We used to make these during my college years. They were delicious!

Anonymous said...

I make those but I use powder sugar! What a mess but oh so good!

TobyBo said...

ooooh! He is a brave man! (I do not deep fry anything.)

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

my best friend's mom always made these donuts for us every morning when i spent the night!

i need the glaze recipe........

Christy said...

I grew up with those doughnuts too!!!

How did you make them? Or Kearsdad I mean?

My father used to always make them and I can't remember how...