Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ya' Just Gotta Love It!


Kat started a new chapter in math today and was learning about lines of latitude and longitude. She really doesn't like anything "abstract" and began to tune out immediately. She quickly got frustrated, and asked me "When am I going to use this anyway?" (Yes, that age old question.) Eventually, I got her to listen to me and she finally "got it".

Just a few minutes ago, she opened her World Studies book to the new chapter. She is reading about the explorers. Guess what the first thing she read was???

"A piece of land ninety-five hundred miles long, up to thirty-three hundred miles wide, spanning latitudes from 72 degrees north to 56 degrees south was not what Columbus expected to find when he sailed west from Europe in 1492."


Ahhhh.... I just love it when that happens! Hehehehe!!!!!

4 comments:

southernutahgirl said...

See it all applies eventually Good for you!!!!

Debbie B said...

LOL!! I really enjoyed this little story!

Blessings,
Debbie

Andrea said...

I enjoyed teaching your girl!!! She is very sweet and I could tell she was the most advanced dancer in the class. I hope I get to teach her again! :)

Junebug said...

Yeah, in just this one particular incident...I'm on Kat's side!