Sunday, April 6, 2008

More Fun Pictures

As you can see...I decided to leave that other post up. Y'all convinced me...I'll just post a bunch of other stuff and push that picture down the page...


So, as most of you know, we had a garage sale this weekend. All in all it was successful. While I would have loved to have gotten rid of ALL of the stuff out there, I am very glad to have gotten rid of most of it. The big dresser is gone, the bookshelf is gone, the big toys are gone. The old rickety entertainment center is still there. Kearsdad says he is going to burn it. Scary. Sounds like a project for him and his boys.

In the process of getting everything out of the attic, Kearsdad called my attention to the fact that I had two formal dresses in up there. I was unaware that they were there. I never go into the attic. See, going in the attic involves climbing that rickety ladder. I don't do heights well. Stairs, ladders, balconies....none of them are good. So I stand at the bottom of the ladder and pass things to Kearsdad or take things from him. But he made me climb up the ladder...a very slow and frightening process, in order to look in the attic. He kept asking me about things, and I didn't know what he was talking about because his descriptive phrases are quite limited. So he made me come look.

Anyway...there were these two dresses. One was a formal from high school that was re-made/re-used as my sorority initiation dress. The other is my bridesmaid's dress from my brother's wedding 14 years ago. We brought them down. The girls had a fit...they had to have those dresses. They spent the rest of the night parading around the house in them. What was really wild is that they FIT! Really! I mean, they were a little big on top, but with a couple of safety pins, and a tank top under one, they FIT!! I can't believe I was that small...or that they are that big...I'm not sure which it is. But I decided that if they can fit into them, then it is reasonable that I can't, and somehow that made me feel good. Like, maybe I haven't gotten that fat after all. If that doesn't make sense to you, don't tell me, because I like the way it sounds and that is what I am going to tell myself.

So...here they are in the dresses...



*I just realize that I used the word "rickety" twice in one post. I am not sure what that means...

7 comments:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

how awesome!

i've still got all of my dresses at daddy's and can't wait for mary peyton and her friend's to play dress up!

all of my old bridesmaid dresses are at tommy's mom's. i'm sure those will come in handy, too!

Junebug said...

GREAT pictures!!! They both are beautiful in your old dresses. And no, my friend, you are not fat! :-)

Also, it makes me laugh that you used the word rickety. Twice.

Also also, I never go into our attic. Funandone could have anything hidden up there and I'd never know. Seriously.

southernutahgirl said...

Love the dresses Great pictures too now put the photos of you in the same dresses beside them and that would be a GREAT post!!!:)

Kearsmom said...

SUG....ummmm....no.

Debbie B said...

Hey, your post about how the dresses fitting your daughters and not you made perfect sense to me!! Of course, that could be a scary thing. hehehe

I love the girls in your old dresses.

Blessings,
Debbie

TobyBo said...

my special needs dd wanted a Princess party when she turned 12... so we got out my old prom & bridesmaid gowns and all wore them... our men dressed up... and we actually went out to eat like that. It was fun. And I thought the same things about gowns fitting...

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

How fun!

Grits