Monday, February 25, 2008

Mondays

Mondays are a mixed bag. They hold out the hope of a new week. Mondays are still fresh. At my house, there is nothing scheduled away from home until late in the afternoon on Mondays. We have practically the whole day to get the week started on a good note.

Therein lies the problem. Will the week get started on a good note? Mondays can be frustrating. I think this is a universal problem. Monday represents "getting back in gear". I know that on Mondays I have a hard time getting the girls to focus on school. Their attention span is short. They keep drifting off topic. They want to talk about anything except what they should be doing. If I'm not careful, and if I don't keep things on a tight schedule, Mondays can spiral downward very quickly.

I'm working hard today to keep that from happening. This week, Monday represents something else. This week promises to be very full and very busy. Banana has a performance this weekend. That means she has rehersals all week. Dance every night. Yes, I said every night. Rehersals on top of all of our normal activities. If I think about it too hard, I could start to panic. So I'm not going to think about it too hard. I'm going to set our schedule, and work at staying on it one day at a time.

I'll let you know how that goes...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What part is your daughter? The twins and I are going on Sunday, so I will look for her!!!