Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unpacked!

The suitcases are unpacked! They are in the attic. I have had suitcases in various stages of use out and open in my house since the first week of June. We haven't even bothered moving them...just stepped around/over/through them. However, they are now completely put away, and I am even almost through with all the laundry. Life is almost normal again!

Camp was mostly good. There were a few "issues", but overall it was a good experience and I am very glad we went. I don't think I could have said that a few days ago...it took me a while to process the week. Maybe I'm just weird. But that is how it was. I wouldn't give anything for the chance to be there as a family...to be there with Kat. And the added bonus was being there with our other "kids". I will say I learned a lot about worship. I learned that worship is an attitude, not a feeling. I learned that sometimes worship is uncomfortable, and sometimes it is work. But in the end, worship is the greatest thing we can do.

Last night, I got to sit next to my best friend as she got ready to send her oldest into Student Ministry. I can't believe it has been a whole year since it was me. JMatt and Kat will be together again. All will be right with the world.

Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks:



"One big happy family" as DWitt said!


We sure are going to miss this girl...


Banana and Mel...Banana is almost as tall!




So glad she went with us!


Did I mention we were on top of a mountain? Everything was UPhill.


A couple from the Transition Banquet...welcome new 7th graders!!

JMatt...my favorite new 7th grader!

2 comments:

Junebug said...

yes, my favorite 7th grader, too. can't believe that's what he is, tho...a SEVENTH grader. soooo glad he is coming home tomorrow :-)

also, i understand the suitcase thingy. glad we are ALL unpacked for awhile.

also, i love you.

Debbie B said...

Great Photos! I agree with your thoughts on worship.

Love you,
Debbie