Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Banana!!!!





My baby is 11 today! My sweet surprise has been an even sweeter blessing. We had an old fashioned "at home" birthday party yesterday that was lots of fun. Not a sleepover. No pizza place or skating or painting. Just girls at the house for a couple of hours. Kearsdad grilled hamburgers. They had lunch and played games and jumped on the trampoline and made up "skits" (I use that term loosely). We had strawberry cake and chocolate cupcakes, and opened presents. I think even Banana was surprised at how much fun she had. Just a reminder that sometimes simple is best.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girl had a blast and I agree we probably all need to go back to the simple so our kids can remember that it too is fun. great idea Kearsmom and Happy birthday banana

Junebug said...

Your pink cake looks seriously yummy. I seriously love strawberry cake!

Hope Banana had a great birthday...I know my LouLou had a great time at the party and is looking forward to extending that party tomorrow night.

Kearsmom said...

Awwww....Junebug commented on my blog!

Haha....yeah....we are looking forward to it too. I think...