Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun

We went to Georgia for Thanksgiving...lots of driving. No major trauma or issues, much to everyone's surprise, I'm sure. But we had a good time. We went to Kearsdad's folks for most of the week, and had "Thanksgiving" with his brothers and most of their families Monday night (some of the older nieces and nephews were either working or at college). His two older brothers go to Hilton Head every Thanksgiving, so we had to have our family time early in the week. Kat and Banana had fun playing with their younger cousins. Those two are definitely a handful...especially the four year old!


It was nice to have a couple of days to just hang out and relax. There is not much else to do in town...and I took advantage of it. We did have lunch on Tuesday with a friend of mine and her husband and son. That was very nice...just wish we'd had longer. Turns out the restaurant closes at 2 and reopens at 5. We were there from 1-2. We wondered why they started vacuuming while we were still at our table. Anyway, we had a great time with them. The rest of the week we just sat around in one place or another, sometimes visiting...sometimes just sitting. On Wednesday we drove over to Kearsdad's brother's place and picked up pecans. LOTS of pecans. I came home with a box full. The girls were in hog heaven out in the country like that. They even got to drive the golf cart around the pecan orchard. It was their first driving experience. Kearsdad said he felt sick. I decided that I will NOT be the one to teach them to drive.




I took about a zillion pictures of the girls trying to get a really good one of them. Trouble was they didn't want to take pictures. They got down right snotty about it. There was much whining on their part, and threatening on mine. This was about as good as it got.



Thurday we drove up to my brother's and spent the day with my family. It turned out to be a very nice day. Once again, all the kids had a blast! My brother has two girls, 8 and 6, and 4 year old twin boys. Never a dull moment! We tried very hard to get a nice picture of all the kids together. Here are the results.




We gave up on the group shot. But we ended up with a great day. And a long drive home.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were on the road too long too, but well worth the trip! Have a question for you about the nutcracker tea party...all tables okay?? Not much left :)

Kearsmom said...

Yes, all tables should be good. The back ones to me are better for a child because if she can't see, she could stand up without bothering anyone behind her, and up too close to the stage you have to look up.

southernutahgirl said...

I want some pecan if you got any extra. sounds like you all had fun . Glad you are home.

Anonymous said...

I am bummed...the only tickets left are for Friday night which is the TL Christmas Party. I wanted Rivers to see this so much....I guess there is next year, but if you remember...let me know next year when tickets go on sell so we can grab some fast!:)