Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Choir Practice

It's almost Christmas. That means choir practice is getting verra (very in CM language) interesting. Or stressful. Or long. Or all of those. And Mr. Worship Pastor is getting very hyper. He's really funny to watch when he gets stressed, for those of you who don't know him. He looks like he's getting mad, and he is, sort of. But not really at any of us. Just at circumstances. Or at himself. Or at the equipment.

Tonight was especially entertaining. We are practicing from the stage a lot so that we can work with the band and the lights and get the mics right, etc. So that means we can watch the children in the back of the room. (Several of us have kids who sit in the back of the worship center during choir practice.) The kids are generally very well behaved and quiet. When we are sitting in the chairs, facing front, we can't see them. But standing on the stage, they are visible to everyone.

I have noticed before that Mr. Worship Pastor often grins or laughs or makes funny waving or dancing motions...turns out he's playing with the kids. See, while we are singing, they are often dancing or making motions. Tonight, they were dancing. I mean really. Well, at least Banana was really. It was one of those moments when I wasn't sure if I should grin and say "That's my kid." or duck and hope no one noticed. We were singing a real jazzy song (The King is Coming to Town for those of you who know it...and weren't there tonight). The kids love it, and all started bouncing around. All...except Banana. She started dancing. D. A.N.C.I.N.G. Like....you-don't-do-that-in-church dancing. Oh my.

8 comments:

Junebug said...

Yay, Banana! I love that she loves to dance. And it's okay to dance in church. Really it is. (my Daddy is nearly catching on fire right now and he has no idea why)

Also, the hubby informed me of the worship pastors antics. Yep...stressful time of year.

The Mom said...

awww i hate i missed it! i am with junebug...it really is okay to dance, even in church. but you know us good southern baptist would never admit to that. amazing the things we get upset about.

tell the girls hello for me :-)

Junebug said...

Maybe I am not a good Southern Baptist anymore.

Anonymous said...

wow seems like it would have been fun to see. sorry i missed it.

Ashley said...

I can picture "the music guy" now. Christmas brings out the best in him. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Carie said...

I liked your use of the word verra!

Carie said...

Visit my new blog www.nodieting.blogspot.com

Roseann said...

Yeah, that was great....loved it..made me grin...but figured you were about to croak...I wouldn't doubt if my little dancer would follow in her footsteps...so I am gonna just keep grinnin.