Monday, November 12, 2007

Folding Laundry

So...right now the two children in my house are in my room folding laundry. It all started because I was tired of hearing older child yell, "Mooooommmmmmm!!!!! I neeed _________!!!!!" I asked younger child to go take ____ to her sister. But younger child didn't want to stop playing on this computer, so she yelled to her sister to go get it herself. That didn't go over too well. The computer game got turned off. Both children got told to start folding laundry. Then there was some sort of arguing and whining. I don't know what it was about. I didn't feel like asking. So now they are folding, ordered to silence.

It doesn't help that Sammy has chosen tonight to be a brat. Barking and whining and breaking out of his "room" After much work on my part, helping him "remember" just who is in charge here, he is lying quietly in his room now.

So now that basket of laundry I've been needing to get to has been folded. Quietly. And I am on this computer.

Sigh....see that picture over there to the left? The one that says "Sister Love"? I'm hopin' that attitude returns quickly.

5 comments:

southernutahgirl said...

I am glad someone elses house is like mine. I think it is this time of year my kids get crazy.

Junebug said...

You tell me how you got them to do it quietly. I really, really need to know.

Kearsmom said...

Oh, it didn't take much. They could tell by my expression and tone that I was serious. They got it done quickly and quietly.

§wanny said...

I long for the days when my children loved each other. These days they seem like enemies at times!

Kearsmom said...

Well, today (Friday) they are back to being best buddies, so I'm happy.