Sunday, June 10, 2007

One Down...3 To Go...



Weeks that is. VBS is essentially over...and after tonight's vbs musical it will be officially over. I don't know why vbs wears me out like it does. It isn't like I sit around eating chocolates and watching Oprah the rest of the year. I am busy every day. But vbs week just exhausts me. This year I even had a relatively cushy job. All my teenagers were where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be there, doing what they were supposed to be doing. I was pretty proud of them. Maybe it's because I am not used to being up so early in the morning on a daily basis...something Junebug thinks is very funny. She reminded me that she is up and out that early every day. I say more power to her.

But the month isn't over. Tomorrow, Banana starts Dance Intensive...that is the official name...it is 2 weeks of, you guessed it, intensive dancing! Her schedule looks like enough to make my vbs fatigue look like nothing. She will go for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, for two weeks. She is very excited, though. Dancing all day sounds great to her. I would love to be able to watch...I don't know if I will get to see any of it. She will even do an hour of Pilates every day! And at the end of the first week, she will audition for Company. Looks like we are into this dance thing for the long haul.

Next weekend, Kat has a horse show. I have already described the show weekend in previous posts, so if you have been reading you know what that involves. Primarily...getting up EARLY...can you tell I have a thing about getting up early?

During the second week of Dance Intensive, Kat will go to camp with Junebug and Funandone and SouthernUtahGirl and BB. She is looking forward to her last year of Children's Camp...did I just say that? Oh my! Where did the time go???? She is especially hoping not to get sick this year. Last year she got strep and I had to go get her mid-week. She was really bummed! We are counting on a healthy, fun week this year!

Finally, week 4 is Middle School Mission Trip. Kat and Banana will go with me. We won't be going far...just downtown. But we will stay all week. It was a BLAST last year. We are all looking forward to it. (Note...the high school kids and accompanying adults left for their trip yesterday. I didn't get to go this year. If you have read this far, you know why.) I am looking forward to quality time with our 7th and 8th graders, and quality activities like Invisible Football and Murder.

I will have lots more to write about in the next few weeks...assuming I can find time to do any of it!

2 comments:

BB said...

what a fun life you have, dancing and horsing around!

and vbs was great...the students were awesome!

i love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a schedule kinda looks like ours. :) I am so glad VBS went so well. And I agree with BB the students were awesome. hang in there and we will see you at the party 2morrow night. We are planning on leaving our house around 5:00 to go to Harry the Potter so just bring anabanana there -k-. Love ya