Friday, January 11, 2008

Guitar Hero

It's Guitar Hero night at my house. That means a buncha boys come over and Kearsdad grills hamburgers and deer sausage and other manly type things, and I make a bunch of goodies, and then they go in the playroom and make a lot of noise. It's fun. Really. Unless you are Abby the 14 year old Pomeranian. Then it isn't fun at all.

Tonight DD got upset because I had the "buffet line" set up "backwards". I put the plates by the sink instead of by the refrigerator. I just decided to do it the other way thinking it made more sense...you know...it would flow better. I had no idea such a change would be so upsetting to the boy. Remind me never to do that again. From now on, no matter how congested it makes the kitchen with 5 big boys in there, the plates will go by the refrigerator.

The "girls" played Mad Gab for a while. The girls being me, Kat, Banana, Ange (DMc's girlfriend, who we plan to keep) and Delicious (you just gotta know her). Mad Gab, if you haven't played it, it a hillariously funny game. You gotta watch out for "inappropriate cards", though, if you are playing with kids. Yep. Had to pull one out mid-turn. Delicious was quite impressed with my "mother radar" that spotted that one right away.

So...I haven't had my turn at Guitar Hero yet. DWitt brought the newest version tonight, so I need to go try it out. I'll let you know how I do.

No comments: