Monday, October 8, 2007

Family

This is probably the longest I have ever gone without updating this
blog. Partly because I just haven't had much to say. Partly because
life took a serious turn last week and I have just been too busy. My
life is okay, as is that of my family. But the lives of some dear dear
friends have been turned upside down and inside out. So my days have bounced around, being concerned and worried and anxious for them, and also having to take up the slack. There's alotta work that goes on in a ministry...stuff people never think about until it isn't done.

So, I have been thinking about what family is. Family is bigger than just
the people who live in your house, although they are the most important. And it is bigger than grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. When you are blessed enough to be a part of God's family, your family grows exponentially. I am so glad for that. I am extremely grateful for the huge extended family to which I belong. And it is really cool, even in times of stress and sadness, to see that family at work.


Our lesson yesterday for students was on "being the church". Pastor's sermon was about using our spiritual gifts to serve in the body...seems to be a common theme in my life right now. I want to do a good job of living it out.

By the way...today, I got to help celebrate the birthday of one of those "family members". Drew has been around for a while now, and today he turns 22. I made his favorite cake-aptly named Drew Cake. It was yummy...he was nice and shared. Happy Birthday Drew! We love you!

5 comments:

Kearsmom said...

Ok...so I don't know why this post looks so weird, all the breaks in the lines and all...I tried to fix it, but so far it hasn't worked. I have obviously been away from this blog for too long.

Anonymous said...

family is so important biological or not1 My family of 5 is fortunate to have an sweet extended family in our church. I hope you know we love you and are here for you as part of that family to help you withstand any stress you feel.

Junebug said...

Yeah, people just don't realize all the things that make up ministry. Somedays it is very very hard...but the blessings always seems to outweigh the hard stuff.

You're doing a great job!!

Carie said...

I don't know what I would do without my non-biological extended family!

BB said...

man, the real family is the one who holds you up, prays for you, and takes care of you when you are down. they love you when you do something stupid and forgive you if you goof up. i love my REAl family - my brothahs and sistahs in the Lord.