Friday, June 24, 2011

Leave of Absence

I am sure you have all noticed my absence and missed me terribly. No? Oh well, that's ok! The truth is, it's June. In church life that means I am either at VBS or Student Camp (already been) or getting ready to send a teenager to be a counselor at Children's camp (check), or recoving from all any and all of the above. Add to that Ballet Intensive starting this weekend and a husband who has been out of town for two straight weeks, and you have a mom with no time to blog.

That doesn't mean that God hasn't shown me some really great things lately. I am becoming more and more aware of his voice whispering to me throughout my day. It isn't that His voice hasn't always been there, but my ears aren't always tuned in. It's amazing what slowing down just a little and taking time to be still will do for you. Honestly, I haven't had much slowing down time. But the more time I spend with Him, the more tuned the ears of my heart are so that He can whisper to me as I go through my day.

Today, for instance, I was making a quick run to the store. More specifically, BACK to the store for that one thing I always forget and can't live without. I was in a hurry and absentmindedly listening to the radio when a song came on that I have never heard before. It's not a new song, and I can't imagine why I have never heard it. But God was saving it for me for today. Here is Steven Curtis Chapman, singing Do Everything.



I hope it blesses you the way it blessed me today. Mom's EVERYTHING we do is worth doing and is worth doing to His Glory.

No comments: