Monday, September 7, 2009

End of Summer

So, today is the official last day of summer. It's a beautiful day, not too hot, and I actually saw a couple of yellowish leaves on the ground in the back yard today. Fall must be on the way.

School is off to a good start. So far, high school isn't nearly as scary as I expected it would be. The girls are moving along nicely and liking their studies. They are taking two "classes" this year with our homeschool group-art and science-and are really enjoying them! Anna begins ballet this week, moving us into a full swing schedule. I'm afraid I've grown quite lazy, and I'm a little worried about getting back into a routine. We'll see how I do.

Now, with all that talk of schedules and routines...we are about to blow ours. You see, we leave in just 11 days for ORLANDO! We are going back! I finally got over the fact that we got to spend a whole week there in the spring, never dreaming we'd go back so soon. Kearsdad gets to attend a conference there...at one of the Disney resorts, no less...and we get to go too! We'll do a couple of days at the parks on the weekend before the conference begins, and then the girls and I will spend the week hanging out, swimming, enjoying the resort, shopping, etc. for the rest of the week. And spending a little time with our Orlando-based Devore as well! So much for routines and schedules, huh?

Finally, I leave you with a couple of pictures of the girls with their little friends from down the street. They are also church buddies...and the girls are their favorite babysitters. They took advantage of the beautiful weather this week and took the boys down to the boat landing to fly their kite...

No comments: