Monday, December 8, 2008

Lots to Update: #1 Thanksgiving

It's been awhile...yes, I know. I've been a tad busy. Trying to catch up now.

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Lots of driving, although not as much as last year. We spent the first couple of days with Kearsdad's folks. Kearsdad got to go hunting with his dad and brother, something he hasn't done in about 20 years, and he really enjoyed himself. Sadly, he didn't shoot anything. The girls had fun playing with their two younger cousins (all the older ones were gone here and there).

Here they are playing games in Mema's dining room.




On Thanksgiving day, we drove to Macon to my brother's house. There we had a big ole family dinner. My mom and dad, my aunt and uncle, my sister-in-law's mom, step-dad and grandma, and all six kids. In spite of the potential for disaster, we had a really nice day. Really. Then we did something we have never done. We spent the night at my brother's house. All the kids slept downstairs (the boys in their room, the girls out in the playroom). The adults all slept upstairs (s-i-l's family and my aunt and uncle, as well as my dad had gone home). We enjoyed just hanging out with J and T, something we haven't done in years and years.

Thanksgiving day, we were treated to a play by all the kids. I can't tell you what it was about. I have no idea, but we all cheered and clapped anyway. Here they are taking a bow. Yes, one of the boys, W, wore his Batman costume for the play.

Actually, I never got a picture of both boys out of costume. But here is a really cute one of them all.

1 comment:

southernutahgirl said...

Sounds like you all had fun on thanksgiving we did too!!!